Friday 7 November 2014

Flannel 'Cupcakes'


This is another idea I have seen again and again at craft fairs. I made this batch for a charity craft fair this Christmas. To make the ‘cakes’ I have used flannels but I have also seen this idea socks and lollipops for the ‘cherry’ and I would have loved to try this idea out with bright Christmas socks – there is always next year.

For this batch I used:
Flannels
Scrap paper
Paper drinks cups
Bath pearls
Ribbon
Card labels (I added the safety info from the bath pearls on the back of the label)

I simply cut the bottom of the paper cups and covered the case in scrap paper to match the ribbon and bath pearls I had. 
To give the flannel a piped icing effect, fold two opposite corners of the flannel into the centre and then fold the same edges again to meet in the middle.




Then fold in half again.



Roll the flannel up and pop in the case.



Place a bath pearl on top for the ‘cherry’ and tie the ribbon and label on to finish and VoilĂ .



No comments:

Post a Comment